Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gossip, MEN and Apache Beat Show

I was waiting to post until I figured out how to upload my own videos from my iphone (HELP ANYONE!?!)  But I can't wait any longer! So... I went to the Gossip, MEN and Apache Beat show at the Paradise on Sunday.




Apache Beat are from NY and were low-key, pretty, melodic, experimental, indie rock. They remind me of someone, but I can't think of who. Tara Slone/Joydrop maybe?



MEN also hail from the Big Apple and have catchy, upbeat socially conscious dance jams.  Their current lineup is JD Samson (Le Tigre), Michael O'Neill (Princess, Ladybug Transistor) and Ginger Brooks Takahashi (LTTR, The Ballet.) Past contributors include Johanna Fateman (Le Tigre) and artist Emily Roysdon. MEN performed with some great props, including two large hands, one which read "fuck your best" the other which read "fuck your friends" for the song Credit Card Babies.  They had a sign that said "Science=Death" which I believe was during the song Simultaneously.  They also had large arrows that said "Boom" for the song Boom Boom Boom. I was excited to pick up their limited edition EP too!  If you can't catch MEN on tour you can pick up a digital version of the EP



And I've seen the Gossip a few times, but this was several years ago. So I guess I somehow forgot how powerful Beth's voice is, because I was blown away. DAMN! What a great live show!  This totally renewed my interest in this fabulous band. I wish the US would appreciate them as much as they are loved in other parts of the world.  We are so far behind... Anyone know why they dropped the "The"?

I will also be doing an interview soon with JD so stay tuned! And let me know if you have any questions here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment