Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Trashwomen



Back in the day when grrrls used to trade zines and cassette tapes through the mail, someone made me a tape that included the San Francisco bay area band The Trashwomen on it. Of course, I fell in love!

The Trashwomen formed in 1991 and included Tina "Boom Boom" Lucchesi, Danielle "Lead Pedal" Pimm and Elka "Kitten Kaboodle" Zolot. They originally formed for just one gig, but decided to keep the band going. They split up in '97 and reunited in 2007-2008 to play some gigs in the CA area.

I have their three LP's (Spend the Night with The Trashwomen, Deep Space and Live!) , but if you have any of their 7"s, I'd love to trade something!



I wish I could find videos online with Elka singing, because I love her voice! Go to http://www.myspace.com/thetrashwomen for more information.

Stay tuned for more to come on member's of The Trashwomen's other bands like The Bobbyteens and The Spastics.

No comments:

Post a Comment